Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Day Being Vegan

OK, so New Years Eve is tomorrow and I just thought it would be better to start my vegan diet today. I'm super excited. I feel like this is an adventure and it's definitely a challenge that I want to accomplish!

So, now that I've told my friends, family, and boyfriend I've been getting a lot of questions about why I would even want to do live on a diet of veggies, grains, and fruits. Meat is tasty; even I'll admit that. And I'm a chocolate whore. How could I give up dairy?

First, I will admit I'm a member of the PETA2 Street Team; I do care about the animals. That's one of the reasons I'm going vegan. I just don't want to support a cruel industry. If they can't kill animals humanely, then why kill them at all? Food is very important, but not at the cost of mistreating something just for your taste buds.

But my first and main reason for going veg is to lose weight.

I've always been sensitive about my body. I've always struggled with my weight. I have always been a little chubby, I'll admit it. And no matter how bad I want to lose some fat, I always lose my willpower and I'll stop exercising or I'll have that extra serving. That all adds up; next thing I know I've gained five more pounds.

This time I really feel motivated. I've always wanted a tattoo and now I've decided on a design and where I want it. I want a thorn bird and rose on my upper back on the right side. But I want to show off this tattoo on a body that's as beautiful as the tattoo is.
I have eight months to drop to 135 lbs. I don't want to lose weight and gain it back after I get my tattoo; I don't want to lose weight afterwards either. I really want my tattoo to look great and I don't want it getting distorted.
I feel that a vegan diet, combined with exercise will help to start shedding the pounds and make me feel and look better. I think it's also going to be a great lesson in discipline.
I will post again very soon! Thanks for reading!
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on being vegan! That is one of the best decisions you will make in your life.

    You'll have accidents, of course, but don't let that get to you! We all did. That doesn't mean you eat a slice of cheese pizza here and there though.

    If you are concerned about your weight, Isa Chandra Moskowitz just released a new book called "Appetite for Reduction". I'm a big fan of her books and I assure you that you will, too if you give it a try.

    And chocolate is vegan! Not all, but cacao (cocoa) is. I had hot chocolate and raw vegan chocolate (Righteously Raw) on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete