Friday, December 31, 2010

Sushi Whore

I'm going to confess something that I am not proud of: I failed. Yesterday was a total failure-- I ate chicken and chocolate. And today for lunch I had non-vegan sushi. I know there are alternatives to these things, but...

I love sushi. It's my weakness. And it was in the freezer.

I'm definitly going to have to go shopping for some food eventually that I can have accessible whenever I'm in the kitchen searching for something to eat, because my willpower is not cutting through my appetite. Maybe I'll get a bag of white rice and some veggie sushi fillings.

Seriously though, I'm so frustrated because tomorrow is the start of a new year and I have to get it right. I don't want to mess up all the time and then call myself vegan. That's cheating.
I know it's going to take practice, and while I know the cold turkey method is best for me, it's really hard to just know what you can and can't eat. And even then I tend to pick the option that isn't vegan.
I'm moving in with my grandparents because they live closer to the college I'm attending next month. My grandmother cooks a lot, so hopefully that helps, but I'll still have to survive a couple weeks. I think it's super cool that she's supportive of my change in diet and I'm really excited to start looking through cookbooks with her. I know she likes to try new things, so hopefully she's excited too.
I think tonight will be a challege because I'm going to a New Years party and there will be lots of food there that isn't vegan I'm sure. Maybe I'll draw a reminder on my hand.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ;3 Might I suggest making vegan sushi from:
    http://www.rawmazing.com/recipes/raw-vegan-sushi/
    or
    http://www.food.com/cookbook/vegan-sushi-112071
    ?
    The recipes are easy to follow and oh-so delicious!

    Also on the topic of fish, there is a to-die for faux low fat fish cakes recipe here: http://www.myvegancookbook.com/recipes/recipe.php?id=26

    As for chocolate, dark chocolate bars are the way to go, unless you detest dark chocolate. Oreos are a sweet tooth fix for vegans.

    As for chicken, when I was in <3 with chicken nugget type foods a long time ago, breaded and marinaded tofu nuggets were a good replacement. I really was just winging it back then, so I don't have a specific recipe for it. Tofu is super inexpensive, and vegan breadcrumbs are easy to find. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete